Since 2008, we've gathered each year to celebrate the people, projects, and policies making Atlanta better by bike. In 2020, as we expand our work to include other forms of transportation that are good for the city, please join us for this community shindig at the Trolley Barn - how appropriate!
This party is FREE for current members! To become a member, join via https://www.atlantabike.org/join.
Get ready to get down with us for a night of food, drinks, music, awards, and fun! To nominate someone for a Blinkie Award, click here. You'll meet other Atlanta Bicycle Coalition members -- new and long-standing, celebrate our success and growth during 2019.
GETTING THERE #OptOutofTraffic The Trolley Barn is located in Inman Park, off Edgewood Avenue.
- Bike parking: Complimentary ABC Bike Valet available near the entrance of The Trolley Barn. Use the bike lane and remember to stop!
- MARTA: Take MARTA to the Inman Park station. Keep in mind the Reynoldstown side of this station is closed, but happily this year the Inman Park side is open!
- Car parking: A few on-street parking spaces are available. But we encourage you to bike, walk, scoot, or ride MARTA if possible!
Still on the fence? Check out these photos from last year's event.
Thank you to our lead sponsor, Bike Law Georgia,
returning for the third time in three years!
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Contact Rebecca for information.
See you there!WHENFebruary 13, 2020 at 6pmWHEREThe Trolley Barn
963 Edgewood Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
Google map and directions
DeKalb Avenue is fast, dangerous, and out of control. In 2015, Atlanta voters overwhelming approved the Renew Atlanta Infrastructure Bond to update and improve our streets, including a Complete Street for DeKalb Avenue.
Yet in 2019, after three years of public meetings, funding for the Complete Street on DeKalb Avenue was cut, leaving only resurfacing and replacing the reversible lane with a center turn lane and design for a future Complete Street in the budget. It's not clear where funding would come from to actually build it.
The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition, along with community members and neighborhoods along DeKalb, is continuing the fight for a DeKalb that serves more than high-speed traffic speeding through our communities. DeKalb Ave connects 11 neighborhoods -- all but 1 wrote letters of support for a Complete Street.
We are calling for any project, including repaving, that affects this key, flat corridor to make the road safer -- for everyone. The resurfacing project should include a buffer between people walking on the sidewalk and cars, and a place for people to bike.
The City of Atlanta retained Arcadis as the design firm for the striping design for the first phase of resurfacing on this project. They are pursuing short-term safety improvements that can be accomplished within the resurfacing project, with an eye toward long-term improvements that can be built in a future second phase.
The design team intends to begin meeting again with various local stakeholders in January and February 2020 to be followed by a public meeting. It's not yet clear when the design will be finalized and when the resurfacing project will go to construction.
Atlanta Bicycle Coalition remains an advocate for both long and short term solution to the dangerous conditions on DeKalb Avenue. The improvements should address the glaring gap in bike facilities stretching from the Stone Mountain PATH trail to the Inman Park-Reynoldstown MARTA station.170 signatures
Click here for more background on our campaign for a safe and complete DeKalb Ave.
Max Leventhal posted about Donate on Facebook 2018-03-09 12:30:54 -0500I'm helping create a city where everyone can #expectbikes by making a donation to Atlanta Bicycle Coalition!
Thank you for supporting our advocacy work for safe streets and better conditions for biking. Your donation comes with a one-year Atlanta Bicycle Coalition membership +
- $50+ Donors receive a 2nd membership card for a family member
- $125+ provides helmets for kids at one Shifting Gears school. Donors receive an Expect Bikes t-shirt
- $250+ pays for one free bike education class. Donors receive an Expect Bikes hoodie
- $1,000 and above - donations at these levels make our advocacy work for safe streets possible! Donors at this level will be invited to join our new Momentum Makers giving circle. Momentum Makers are the first to hear breaking news, with communications from our Executive Director. Momentum Makers are also invited to an annual celebration connecting them with decision-makers and other Momentum Makers, 2 complimentary tickets to our annual Fall Fundraiser, and an Expect Bikes hoodie.
If you'd like to donate securities, please visit Stock Donator and find Atlanta Bicycle Coalition under organization.
We envision an Atlanta where biking is completely integrated into the daily life, culture, and infrastructure, and where safe streets are a reality for all, not just a few.
With your contribution, you support this vision as we transform Atlanta into a livable, accessible city by making biking equitable, safe, and appealing.
You can also donate by checks made out to The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition: 889 Wylie Street SE, Atlanta, GA 30316.
Will you donate today to make Atlanta better -- by bike?
When you donate via our website, your sensitive information is protected by SSL encryption per our hosting arrangement with NationBuilder.com
Max Leventhal posted about Donate 2016 on Facebook 2015-05-15 10:43:40 -0400Just made a donation to ABC in honor of National Bike to Work Day.
Here are just a few of the initiatives you make possible when you make a gift to the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition:
- $25 equips eight bicyclists with blinkie lights
- $60 protects an intersection for 2 hours during Atlanta Streets Alive
- *$125 funds a week of community outreach to build our coalition of partners, plus you receive a t-shirt!
- *$250 funds one bike class, plus you receive an ABC hoodie!
- $1,000 fuels critical advocacy hours, including a full-time bike advocate working for you!
Your contribution in any amount will be put to good use. Thank you for your support!
(You will have an option to apply your donation to an ABC membership if you're not already a member.)Donate