Welcome to our calendar of FREE bike classes. DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS, CLASSES ARE HAPPENING ONLINE.
Whether you’re a True Beginner, seeking greater confidence riding on city streets, hoping to increase your transportation options by getting around on Atlanta’s bike share bikes, or want help navigating a commute on your own two wheels, we’ve got a class for you. Each class is led or facilitated by our Education Coordinator Stephen Spring or another League Cycling Instructor (LCI), certified by the League of American Bicyclists.
You can RSVP for any class below or click the buttons above to view more details and RSVP for a particular class type. Attendance at any class conducted by the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition indicates your agreement to our liability waiver.
Please note: True Beginners classes are offered as a 6-lesson course. You can join in any time in the sequence.
Spring is right around the corner and kids are getting more restless than ever. Many of them are venturing further down the street or out and about the neighborhood - on bikes!!
Our 45-minute virtual classes will run on select Tuesday afternoon from 3:00-4:15 p.m. during the months of March and April. These engaging and visually entertaining classes are designed for adults to pick up skills and resources to transfer to children.
You will learn:
- Basic rules of the road/sidewalk
- How to do a quick ABC (air, brakes, chain) safety check on a bike
- Ways to assess a street for ride-ability
- What to wear when biking and how to fit a helmet
- How following the CDC guidelines help keep children safe while biking
To participate in the program, RSVP below, and you will receive a virtual Zoom meeting link for the April 20th Pre-Ride. You will receive a meeting link for the Post-Ride before April 27th. Sign-ups are limited to the first 50. Here you can learn about other classes to join.
Whether you are riding our city streets to get to work, the pharmacy, the grocery store, or an appointment, or you are wanting to get out, move your body, and enjoy the outdoors, the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition is here for you.
In this class, you will:
- learn how to do an ABC-Q check to make sure you're bike is ready to go
- fit your helmet
- plan a route
- learn communication strategies
- know how to be predictable
- enhance critical safety skills - turning, scanning, and stopping
We are happy to partner with REI for this April virtual City Cycling series. REI has been a strong partner with the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition for several years. Last year, REI awarded the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition a grant to support our Bike Family Program.
REI provides outdoor enthusiasts in the Atlanta area with top-brand gear & clothes for camping, climbing, cycling, fitness, hiking and more. All five local stores have a full bike shop, offering a full range of professional bike shop services to help keep you biking the streets and trails year-round.
- April 20th Pre-Ride - a virtual gathering where we build community, share skills, and share challenge rides for all skill levels
- April 21st through April 26th - take up one or more skill- and confidence-building challenge rides alone or with old and new friends
- April 27th Post-Ride - a virtual gathering where we 1) share our experiences through conversation, photos, and video and 2) celebrate our accomplishment and talk about what's next.
We are committed to your safety as you negotiate the city streets for transportation, essential services, and recreation. We'll remind you of the CDC's Social Distancing and Prevention Guidelines that apply to people on bikes.
This free, two-part class is provided with the support of the Georgia Governor's Office of Highway Safety.