Welcome to our calendar of FREE bike classes.
Whether you’re a True Beginner, seeking greater confidence riding on city streets, hoping to increase your transportation options by getting around on Atlanta’s bike share bikes, or want help navigating a commute on your own two wheels, we’ve got a class for you.
Each class is led or facilitated by our Education Coordinator Stephen Spring or another League Cycling Instructor (LCI), certified by the League of American Bicyclists.
You can RSVP for any class below or click the buttons above to view more details and RSVP for a particular class type.
Attendance at any class conducted by the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition indicates your agreement to the following liability waiver: Atlanta Bicycle Coalition Liability Waiver.
Please note: True Beginners classes are offered in two sessions. You must RSVP for both sessions in order to participate.
Give your city cycling confidence a boost with this instructional group ride.
What to expect
We will gather for a few quick drills then hit the city streets for an hour-long ride of four to five gentle miles. Once rolling, we’ll
- Take it slow, stay together, and practice our skills in a safe and supportive manner
- Experience Atlanta’s existing bicycle facilities, like two-directional protected and/or single-directional bike lanes and sharrows, and
- Learn to ride safely on streets without bike lanes by exercising our legal right to “take the lane”
- Explore how one can commute combining MARTA and bicycling.
How to prepare
Please bring a bicycle in good repair that fits you and a helmet. We’ll provide access to Relay bike share and JUMP e-bikes will be on hand if you do not have a bicycle available to you. We strongly recommend you also bring
- Sneakers or other appropriate closed-toed shoes
- Comfortable, appropriate clothing for being outside and active
- A friend or three!
Please arrive promptly so all participants can benefit from the full time allotted for this instructional experience.
These free classes are provided with the support of the Georgia Governor's Office of Highway Safety.
Attendance at this or any class conducted by the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition indicates your agreement to the following liability waiver: Atlanta Bicycle Coalition Liability Waiver.