This is a special Atlanta Cycling Festival edition of our Urban Confidence class!
The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition staff will lead you on an informative and fun ride that will boost your city cycling confidence. In addition to experiencing some of the infrastructure that is making biking for transportation in Atlanta more accessible, you'll learn how to increase your awareness, communication and presence while navigating our city's streets.
We'll launch from Lean Draft House and head from West End to Downtown and back to Lean Draft House to celebrate a successful rush-hour ride.
What to expect
We will gather for a few quick drills then hit the city streets for a two-hour ride of eight to ten miles. Once rolling, we’ll
- Take it slow, stay together, and practice our skills in a safe and supportive manner
- Experience Atlanta’s existing bicycle facilities, like two-directional protected and/or single-directional bike lanes and sharrows, and
- Learn to ride safely on streets without bike lanes by exercising our legal right to “take the lane”
How to prepare
Please bring a bicycle in good repair that fits you and a helmet. (We’ll provide access to Relay bike share if you do not have a bicycle available to you.) We strongly recommend you also bring
- Sneakers or other appropriate closed-toed shoes
- Comfortable, appropriate clothing for being outside and active
- A friend or three!
Please arrive promptly so all participants can benefit from the full time allotted for this instructional experience.
These free classes are provided with the support of the Georgia Governor's Office of Highway Safety.
600 Hopkins St
Atlanta, GA 30310
Google map and directions