DeKalb Avenue is fast, dangerous, and out of control. In 2015, Atlanta voters overwhelming approved the Renew Atlanta Infrastructure Bond to update and improve our streets, including a Complete Street for DeKalb Avenue.
Yet in 2019, after three years of public meetings, funding for the Complete Street on DeKalb Avenue was cut, leaving only resurfacing and replacing the reversible lane with a center turn lane and design for a future Complete Street in the budget. It's not clear where funding would come from to actually build it.
The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition, along with community members and neighborhoods along DeKalb, is continuing the fight for a DeKalb that serves more than high-speed traffic speeding through our communities. DeKalb Ave connects 11 neighborhoods -- all but 1 wrote letters of support for a Complete Street.
We are calling for any project, including repaving, that affects this key, flat corridor to make the road safer -- for everyone. The resurfacing project should include a buffer between people walking on the sidewalk and cars, and a place for people to bike.165 signatures
Click here for more background on our campaign for a safe and complete DeKalb Ave.
Your membership makes it possible for us to advocate for safer streets, policies, and infrastructure at City Hall like the new City of Atlanta Department of Transportation, lead community-building events like Atlanta Streets Alive, our award-winning open streets initiative, and provide free bike education and safety classes!
Benefits of being a member
- $50+ Donors receive a 2nd membership card for a family member
- $125+ provides helmets for kids at one Shifting Gears school. Donors receive an Expect Bikes t-shirt
- $250+ pays for one free bike education class. Donors receive an Expect Bikes hoodie
- $1,000 and above - donations at these levels make our advocacy work for safe streets possible! Donors at this level will be invited to join our new Momentum Makers giving circle. Momentum Makers are the first to hear breaking news, with communications from our Executive Director. Momentum Makers are also invited to an annual celebration connecting them with decision-makers and other Momentum Makers, 2 complimentary tickets to our annual Fall Fundraiser, and an Expect Bikes hoodie.
All members receive
- Ticket to our Annual Blinkie Awards
- Discounts at local bike shops and other businesses
You can also make your membership donation by check! Make checks payable to Atlanta Bicycle Coalition and mail them to889 Wylie Street SEAtlanta, GA 30316When you donate via our website, your sensitive information is protected by SSL encryption per our hosting arrangement with NationBuilder.comDonate
$4,700.00 raisedGOAL: $5,000.00
LIMITED TO FIRST 100 PEOPLE - GET YOUR TICKET NOW!
BACKYARD BLUEGRASS PERFORMED BY
DELICIOUS FOOD PROVIDED BY
Mark Schmitt donated 2014-12-31 22:20:53 -0500
Here are just a few of the initiatives you make possible when you make a gift to the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition:
- $25 equips eight bicyclists with blinkie lights
- $60 protects an intersection for 2 hours during Atlanta Streets Alive
- *$125 funds a week of community outreach to build our coalition of partners, plus you receive a t-shirt!
- *$250 funds one bike class, plus you receive an ABC hoodie!
- $1,000 fuels critical advocacy hours, including a full-time bike advocate working for you!
Your contribution in any amount will be put to good use. Thank you for your support!
(You will have an option to apply your donation to an ABC membership if you're not already a member.)Donate