To participate in the program, RSVP below, and you will receive a virtual Zoom meeting link for the April 20th Pre-Ride. You will receive a meeting link for the Post-Ride before April 27th. Sign-ups are limited to the first 50. Here you can learn about other classes to join.
Whether you are riding our city streets to get to work, the pharmacy, the grocery store, or an appointment, or you are wanting to get out, move your body, and enjoy the outdoors, the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition is here for you.
In this class, you will:
- learn how to do an ABC-Q check to make sure you're bike is ready to go
- fit your helmet
- plan a route
- learn communication strategies
- know how to be predictable
- enhance critical safety skills - turning, scanning, and stopping
We are happy to partner with REI for this April virtual City Cycling series. REI has been a strong partner with the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition for several years. Last year, REI awarded the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition a grant to support our Bike Family Program.
REI provides outdoor enthusiasts in the Atlanta area with top-brand gear & clothes for camping, climbing, cycling, fitness, hiking and more. All five local stores have a full bike shop, offering a full range of professional bike shop services to help keep you biking the streets and trails year-round.
- April 20th Pre-Ride - a virtual gathering where we build community, share skills, and share challenge rides for all skill levels
- April 21st through April 26th - take up one or more skill- and confidence-building challenge rides alone or with old and new friends
- April 27th Post-Ride - a virtual gathering where we 1) share our experiences through conversation, photos, and video and 2) celebrate our accomplishment and talk about what's next.
We are committed to your safety as you negotiate the city streets for transportation, essential services, and recreation. We'll remind you of the CDC's Social Distancing and Prevention Guidelines that apply to people on bikes.
This free, two-part class is provided with the support of the Georgia Governor's Office of Highway Safety.