Kevin Rinker donated 2016-12-30 14:15:16 -0500$38,318.33 raisedGOAL: $38,000.00
Here’s what the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition is doing to make safe streets and bikeways high-profile issues in the 2017 City Elections:
- Host a Mayoral Forum and Rolling Town Halls;
- Encourage candidates to adopt a strong multi-modal, bike-supportive transportation platform with policies and infrastructure goals;
Create more opportunities for civic engagement at Atlanta Streets Alive.
GIFTS OVER $250 receive an ABC hoodie!
Your gift can be applied to create or renew your ABC Membership!Donate
Ralph David Abernathy Boulevard, affectionately known as RDA, serves as a major corridor for schools, historic neighborhoods, and businesses in Southwest Atlanta. RDA is a large street with fast traffic and a lonely stretch of bike lane between Murphy Ave and I-85. The road, whether by bike or by car, is often perilous due to potholes, debris, and jagged train tracks.
RDA turns into Georgia Avenue and runs through seven amazing Atlanta neighborhoods: Westview, West End, Adair Park, Pittsburgh, Mechanicsville, Summerhill, and Grant Park.
The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition connects these neighborhoods at Atlanta Streets Alive. You can help make this a more livable, walkable, and bikeable corridor all year-round by supporting our campaign for bike lanes and regular maintenance on RDA and Georgia Avenue.
In addition to bike lanes on RDA and Georgia Avenue, we are advocating for:
- Resurfacing and repairing dangerous potholes on RDA
- Regularly maintaining this critical corridor by sweeping trash and debris
- Paving over the hazardous out-of-use train tracks