Kevin Rinker donated 2019-09-05 15:21:51 -0400
Your membership makes it possible for us to advocate for safer streets, policies, and infrastructure at City Hall like the new City of Atlanta Department of Transportation, lead community-building events like Atlanta Streets Alive, our award-winning open streets initiative, and provide free bike education and safety classes!
Benefits of being a member
- $50+ Donors receive a 2nd membership card for a family member
- $125+ provides helmets for kids at one Shifting Gears school. Donors receive an Expect Bikes t-shirt
- $250+ pays for one free bike education class. Donors receive an Expect Bikes hoodie
- $1,000 and above - donations at these levels make our advocacy work for safe streets possible! Donors at this level will be invited to join our new Momentum Makers giving circle. Momentum Makers are the first to hear breaking news, with communications from our Executive Director. Momentum Makers are also invited to an annual celebration connecting them with decision-makers and other Momentum Makers, 2 complimentary tickets to our annual Fall Fundraiser, and an Expect Bikes hoodie.
All members receive
- Ticket to our Annual Blinkie Awards
- Discounts at local bike shops and other businesses
You can also make your membership donation by check! Make checks payable to Atlanta Bicycle Coalition and mail them to889 Wylie Street SEAtlanta, GA 30316When you donate via our website, your sensitive information is protected by SSL encryption per our hosting arrangement with NationBuilder.comDonate
Kevin Rinker donated 2016-12-30 14:15:16 -0500$38,318.33 raisedGOAL: $38,000.00
Here’s what the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition is doing to make safe streets and bikeways high-profile issues in the 2017 City Elections:
- Host a Mayoral Forum and Rolling Town Halls;
- Encourage candidates to adopt a strong multi-modal, bike-supportive transportation platform with policies and infrastructure goals;
Create more opportunities for civic engagement at Atlanta Streets Alive.
GIFTS OVER $250 receive an ABC hoodie!
Your gift can be applied to create or renew your ABC Membership!Donate
Ralph David Abernathy Boulevard, affectionately known as RDA, serves as a major corridor for schools, historic neighborhoods, and businesses in Southwest Atlanta. RDA is a large street with fast traffic and a lonely stretch of bike lane between Murphy Ave and I-85. The road, whether by bike or by car, is often perilous due to potholes, debris, and jagged train tracks.
RDA turns into Georgia Avenue and runs through seven amazing Atlanta neighborhoods: Westview, West End, Adair Park, Pittsburgh, Mechanicsville, Summerhill, and Grant Park.
The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition connects these neighborhoods at Atlanta Streets Alive. You can help make this a more livable, walkable, and bikeable corridor all year-round by supporting our campaign for bike lanes and regular maintenance on RDA and Georgia Avenue.
In addition to bike lanes on RDA and Georgia Avenue, we are advocating for:
- Resurfacing and repairing dangerous potholes on RDA
- Regularly maintaining this critical corridor by sweeping trash and debris
- Paving over the hazardous out-of-use train tracks