By the end of the lesson, students will be able to
- Demonstrate the use of the ABC Safety Check and
- Proper helmet fit, and
- Stop on a hill using brakes.
Students will also be able to ride through a bike obstacle course using a bike or balance bike while demonstrating the following skills:
- Ride consistently in a straight line without swerving,
- Follow directions of traffic signs,
- Demonstrate balance when turning on a curve,
- Understand how to ride safely during a group ride, and
- Demonstrate the “Rules of the Road”.
For Lesson 5, refer to pages 22 - 27 in Lesson Plans 1 - 6.