By the end of the lesson, students will be able to
- Demonstrate the use of the ABC Safety Check and
- Proper helmet fit.
Students will also be able to ride through a bike obstacle course using a bike or balance bike while demonstrating the following skills:
- Ride consistently in a straight line without swerving,
- Follow directions of traffic signs,
- Know the proper hand signals,
- Use the “power pedal” to start, and
- Use brakes to slow and stop.
For Lesson 3, refer to pages 10 - 13 in Lesson Plans 1 - 6.