Our last plan, adopted in 2017, led with this mission: to transform Atlanta into a more livable, accessible city by making biking equitable, safe, and appealing. We intentionally placed the emphasis on the outcome we wanted to achieve -- a more livable, accessible city -- with equitable, safe, and appealing biking being our tool to achieve that goal. At the same time, we made a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
As we near the midpoint in the final year of that plan and embark on the path to determine the most effective direction for the next three years, we are considering expanding our mission. If you attended the annual Blinkie Awards & Member Party, you already know this!
Specifically, we are contemplating a direction that would put biking on equal ground with other transportation options, generate equitable and inclusive mobility outcomes, and, ultimately, propel biking further, faster. Read more to find out what progress we've made on this journey so far! We hope you'll join us on the path to the future.
We selected a strategic planning consultant, Pam Sugarman of Sugarman Consulting, and made progress on one very important part of this work: engaging you!
As a membership organization, it's essential that our members be involved in making such an important decision. Here are the ways we've identified that you can get involved:
- Two member focus groups: Tuesday, June 25 & Thursday, June 27th, both from 5:30-7:30 PM in Midtown, conducted by an outside agency (Huge Inc.)
Current members will receive an email asking them to complete a brief survey if they are interested in participating in a focus group.
We'll select focus group participants from those who've expressed interest. There's space for 16 members to participate in these sessions.
If you're not selected, not to worry, there are many other opportunities to provide feedback.
- One focus group for stakeholders in Southwest and South Atlanta, facilitated by Odetta MacLeish-White of the TransFormation Alliance
- Stakeholder interviews conducted by our consultant, board, and staff
- Online survey for members and other stakeholders available Monday, July 15 - Wednesday, July 31
- Community Town Hall August 6th from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm to continue discussing key strategic issues with members, partners, donors, others who are able to attend in person that day. All are welcome. Location pending.