Give your city cycling confidence a boost with this instructional class.
What to expect
- Practice a 5-minute ABC-Q check to make sure your bike is ride ready
- Learn how to fit a helmet
- Examine Atlanta’s existing bicycle facilities, like two-directional protected and/or single-directional bike lanes and sharrows,
- Learn to ride safely on streets without bike lanes by exercising our legal right to “take the lane”, and
- Share best practices and strategies for navigating our city streets on two wheels.
How to prepare
- Please bring a bicycle and a helmet to the virtual class.
- Download googlemaps on your computer and your phone, and
- Invite family and friends to join us.
These free classes are provided with the support of the Georgia Governor's Office of Highway Safety.
Attendance at this or any class conducted by the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition indicates your agreement to the following liability waiver: Atlanta Bicycle Coalition Liability Waiver.
Google map and directions