The family class and ride will empower kids to become independent bike riders in their neighborhood as well as to and from school. Adults will leave with a greater understanding of bike safety so that they can reinforce their childrens' new learning on family bike rides.
What to expect
Families will gather to study up on some safe bike riding techniques, do a few quick drills then hit the city streets for an hour-long ride of three to four gentle miles. Once rolling, we’ll:
- take it slow, stay together, and practice our skills in a safe and supportive manner
- experience Atlanta’s existing bicycle facilities, like two-directional protected and/or single-directional bike lanes and sharrows, and
- learn to ride safely on streets without bike lanes by exercising our legal right to “take the lane”
How to prepare
Please bring a bicycle in good repair that fits you and a helmet. We strongly recommend you also bring
- Sneakers or other appropriate closed-toed shoes
- Comfortable, appropriate clothing for being outside and active
- Your entire family
Please arrive promptly so all participants can benefit from the full time allotted for this instructional experience.
These free classes are provided with the support of the Georgia Governor's Office of Highway Safety.
Attendance at this or any class conducted by the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition indicates your agreement to the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition Liability Waiver.
2051 Delano Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30317
Google map and directions