Give your city cycling confidence a boost with this instructional group ride. It is open to all adults and youth aged 13 and above accompanied by a parent or caregiver.
What to expect
We will gather for a few quick drills then combine riding PATH400 with the city streets for a 45-minute ride of three to four gentle miles. Once rolling, we’ll
- Take it slow, stay together, and practice our skills in a safe and supportive manner
- Experience Atlanta’s existing bicycle facilities, like two-directional protected and/or single-directional bike lanes and sharrows.
- Experience how one can commute combining MARTA and bicycling. Thanks to an in-kind donation from MARTA, all participants will receive a Breeze card loaded with two trips.
How to prepare
Please bring a bicycle in good repair that fits you and a helmet. E-bikeshare will be on hand for a free one-time use and a Relay Bike Share is nearby for rent if you do not have a bicycle available to you. We strongly recommend you also bring:
- Water and sunscreen
- Sneakers or other appropriate closed-toed shoes
- Comfortable, appropriate clothing for being outside and active
- A friend or three!
Please arrive promptly so all participants can benefit from the full time allotted for this instructional experience.
These free classes are provided with the support of the Georgia Governor's Office of Highway Safety and Livable Buckhead
Attendance at this or any class conducted by the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition indicates your agreement to the following liability waiver: Atlanta Bicycle Coalition Liability Waiver.
65 Joseph E Lowery Blvd Atlanta GA 30314
Atlanta, GA 30309
Google map and directions