Betsy Collins donated 2019-09-14 20:14:48 -0400
Thank you for supporting our advocacy work for safe streets and better conditions for biking. Your donation comes with a one-year Atlanta Bicycle Coalition membership +
- $50+ Donors receive a 2nd membership card for a family member
- $125+ provides helmets for kids at one Shifting Gears school. Donors receive an Expect Bikes t-shirt
- $250+ pays for one free bike education class. Donors receive an Expect Bikes hoodie
- $1,000 and above - donations at these levels make our advocacy work for safe streets possible! Donors at this level will be invited to join our new Momentum Makers giving circle. Momentum Makers are the first to hear breaking news, with communications from our Executive Director. Momentum Makers are also invited to an annual celebration connecting them with decision-makers and other Momentum Makers, 2 complimentary tickets to our annual Fall Fundraiser, and an Expect Bikes hoodie.
We envision an Atlanta where biking is completely integrated into the daily life, culture, and infrastructure, and where safe streets are a reality for all, not just a few.
With your contribution, you support this vision as we transform Atlanta into a livable, accessible city by making biking equitable, safe, and appealing.
You can also donate by checks made out to The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition: 889 Wylie Street SE, Atlanta, GA 30316.
Will you donate today to make Atlanta better -- by bike?
When you donate via our website, your sensitive information is protected by SSL encryption per our hosting arrangement with NationBuilder.com
Betsy Collins wants to volunteer 2019-04-14 14:07:43 -0400
Volunteers make our wheels turn! We'd love to have your help with our work. View, select and sign up for any of our available opportunities here.
These volunteer opportunities are ongoing and provide an insider experience of how the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition is making Atlanta better by bike:
On first and third Fridays, volunteers help with the clerical tasks, like data entry and database management, membership fulfillment, event preparations and other essential tasks. Sign up to help out at the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition office!
Bike Education Aide
Help us boost the comfort and confidence of Atlantans who want to pedal the city. Assist one of our classes as a Bike Ed Aide.
Atlanta Streets Alive
We connected neighborhoods and opened streets for walking, biking and playing—four times in 2016. Your help creates a healthy, sustainable and vibrant street experience for each route. Click here to volunteer for our 2018 routes!
For more about our volunteer opportunities, contact volunteer@AtlantaBike.org.Become a volunteer
Ralph David Abernathy Boulevard, affectionately known as RDA, serves as a major corridor for schools, historic neighborhoods, and businesses in Southwest Atlanta. RDA is a large street with fast traffic and a lonely stretch of bike lane between Murphy Ave and I-85. The road, whether by bike or by car, is often perilous due to potholes, debris, and jagged train tracks.
RDA turns into Georgia Avenue and runs through seven amazing Atlanta neighborhoods: Westview, West End, Adair Park, Pittsburgh, Mechanicsville, Summerhill, and Grant Park.
The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition connects these neighborhoods at Atlanta Streets Alive. You can help make this a more livable, walkable, and bikeable corridor all year-round by supporting our campaign for bike lanes and regular maintenance on RDA and Georgia Avenue.
In addition to bike lanes on RDA and Georgia Avenue, we are advocating for:
- Resurfacing and repairing dangerous potholes on RDA
- Regularly maintaining this critical corridor by sweeping trash and debris
- Paving over the hazardous out-of-use train tracks