As more Atlantans look for ways to opt-out of traffic, get active, and strengthen community connections, the lack of safe streets for people walking, biking, using wheelchairs, scooting, or waiting for the bus is unavoidable -- and unacceptable.
From 2014 to 2016, 75 people died, and 872 were severely injured in car collisions on Atlanta’s streets. These were crashes involving people driving, biking, and walking.
Most of the severe injuries and fatal crashes occurred on just a handful of city streets -- what's known as the “High-Injury Network.” Less than 8% of streets in the City of Atlanta account for 88% of traffic fatalities. Read more on why we can't ignore Atlanta's High Injury Network.
We believe no one should die during their commute or using the Atlanta roads.
We can do something about traffic deaths. Cities across the world have adopted Vision Zero policies aimed at eliminating all traffic fatalities and severe injuries while increasing safe, healthy, equitable mobility for all. Cities are also investing in transportation systems and infrastructure that provide Safe Streets for All, by reducing motor vehicle speeds to safe levels and providing safe spaces for all different ways of getting around.1,384 pledges
Join us as we call on the City of Atlanta to:
- Officially adopt a Vision Zero program that puts safety and equity first
- Fund and build safe streets for all through approved plans including Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms' Action Plan for Safer Streets
- Prioritize the High-Injury Network streets for safety interventions
Sign the pledge to say YES to funding, building, and creating safe streets for all.
Goal: 1,000+ signatures
Update: We've delivered over 1,000 signatures to Mayor Bottoms! Yours will help us demonstrate the growing demand for Safe Streets.
(Note that we request your address because we need to show that there is broad, citywide support for safe and Complete Streets. We do not share your information with anyone.)
Sally Flocks donated 2016-12-28 14:45:06 -0500$38,318.33 raisedGOAL: $38,000.00
Here’s what the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition is doing to make safe streets and bikeways high-profile issues in the 2017 City Elections:
- Host a Mayoral Forum and Rolling Town Halls;
- Encourage candidates to adopt a strong multi-modal, bike-supportive transportation platform with policies and infrastructure goals;
Create more opportunities for civic engagement at Atlanta Streets Alive.
GIFTS OVER $250 receive an ABC hoodie!
Your gift can be applied to create or renew your ABC Membership!Donate
Sally Flocks donated 2014-12-28 20:28:34 -0500
Here are just a few of the initiatives you make possible when you make a gift to the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition:
- $25 equips eight bicyclists with blinkie lights
- $60 protects an intersection for 2 hours during Atlanta Streets Alive
- *$125 funds a week of community outreach to build our coalition of partners, plus you receive a t-shirt!
- *$250 funds one bike class, plus you receive an ABC hoodie!
- $1,000 fuels critical advocacy hours, including a full-time bike advocate working for you!
Your contribution in any amount will be put to good use. Thank you for your support!
(You will have an option to apply your donation to an ABC membership if you're not already a member.)Donate