The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition provides weekly tours of the Atlanta BeltLine (BeltLine Bike Tours) on the east and west sides of Atlanta through the Atlanta BeltLine Partnership. The tours showcase the existing Atlanta BeltLine trails and introduce participants to what’s coming up for the BeltLine project.
We’re looking for applicants who are reliable, organized, timely, friendly, and committed to providing great customer service to fill Tour Guide & Sweep positions. Details below.
Tour Guide / Sweep
- Speak comfortably in front small groups (up to 25 tour participants)
- Project a positive image of Atlanta BeltLine Partnership and Atlanta Bicycle Coalition. This includes wearing presentable attire, being well-versed on the BeltLine project, being respectful of questions, showing patience with beginner riders, always wearing a helmet, etc.)
- Basic bicycle maintenance knowledge (fix a flat, adjust brakes, etc)
- Read BeltLine Bike Tour playbook and stay up to date with Atlanta BeltLine project
- Manage a group of 25 participants of varying skill levels
- Follow and Enforce Rules of the Road
- Memorize route but be knowledgeable enough of neighborhoods to modify if necessary due to unforeseen detours
- Arrive a minimum of 30 minutes prior to each tour start
- Check in participants via Checkfront app
- Take photo of tour participants in a favorite BeltLine Bike Tour spot
- Carry snacks, water, and extra tubes (must bring own basic repair kit)
- Post-tour: Email tour numbers and photo to Tour Coordinator
- Fill out scheduling doodle in a timely manner
- Submit work hours via spreadsheet and invoice to Tour Coordinator
- In case of inclement weather, make decision on cancellation of the tours and ensure tour participants are informed.
- Hours vary depending on your availability. Each tour is approximately 3 hours plus setup time, and there are two tours each weekend.
- Must be able to work weekends
How to Apply
Email resume, cover letter, and contact info for two references to email@example.com. We will contact candidates who will be interviewed. The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer.