Projects: Infrastructure and Studies
ABC has received funding for and is involved with the execution of these infrastructure projects:
- 5th Street "Connect the Bike Lanes," initially funded by Bikes Belong in partnership with the city of Atlanta and matched by Midtown Alliance and Georgia Institute of Technology. Expected completion date: spring 2012.
- Phase 1, Lionel Hampton Mountain Bike Park, funded by the City of Atlanta Parks Department. Expected completion date: spring 2012.
- Bike rack installation: current campaign to install 40 bike racks at local businesses and community centers by fall 2012.
ABC is involved with or has initiated these studies:
- Road Safety Audit Ponce de Leon and North Highland: report
- Bike Share Feasibility Study for cities of Atlanta and Decatur, funded by the Atlanta Falcons Youth Foundation. Expected completion date: fall 2012.
- Bikeability Assessments