- Get involved
Bike Valet Manager
Bike Valet is how we, ABC, promote active transportation, sustainable living, and safe cycling during popular Atlanta events. If you are passionate about all of these items (and possibly more bike oriented fantasticness) please apply!
Responsibilities of this position will include:
- Seek out, secure and manage new and existing bike valet contracts
- Serve as staff to be present at each bike valet event
- Plan logistics for each bike valet (transportation, set-up, break-down)
- Manage supplies, finances, paperwork and materials relevant to our bike valet program
Preferred Experience/Training (in descending order of importance)
- Background or degree in project/event management, marketing, or business
- Customer Service
- Volunteer management experience
- Bicycle maintenance
- Strong written/verbal communication and leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills that translate well to a broad cross-section of individuals and groups
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Program development
- Spanish speaking
- Upbeat, can-do attitude with professional and friendly demeanor
- Comfortable working with people from wide range of backgrounds/interests/abilities
- Resourceful, works well independently and with volunteers
- Ability to lift over 20 pounds and stand for long periods of time
- Access to reliable transportation for rack transfer
- Motivated to achieve the mission of the organization; passionate about the benefits and value of bicycling, and need to improve conditions in Atlanta
Must be able to work weekends as most events will be on weekends.
Must be a bike rider – what kind of cycling doesn’t matter, but a genuine enthusiasm for bicycling is necessary for this position!
To apply, email resume, cover letter, and contact info for two references to email@example.com by January 10, 2014.
We're looking for an intern with a passion for our mission -- creating a more livable Atlanta by making it safer and easier to ride bikes -- and the skills that can help ABC make progress towards that goal. Current needs include an intern with a planning or engineering background, and another in communications.
The successful applicant(s) will be personable, reliable, professional, and work well independently and in small teams. ABC provides a great opportunity to build contacts, have a big impact on a small organization, get a glowing recommendation, and apply what you're learning in class to real world situations.
Interns receive a monthly stipend of $200 and set their own schedule (about 10-15 hours per week). Residents of the city of Atlanta or nearby who currently bike for any reason preferred.
Seeking communications, PR, marketing, English, or journalism student for assistance with e-newsletter, writing for website, and social media. Successful candidate will be a strong writer and clear communicator who can also edit others' writing. Responsibilities include assisting the Executive Director and other staff with promoting events and initiatives via written communications. Familiar with social media sites and e-newsletter tools like Mailchimp preferred.
To apply submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Cover letter (in body of email or as attachment)
2. Resume / C.V.