- Get involved
ABC seeks experienced Project Manager
We are currently seeking a Mountain Bike Park Project Manager (contract position) to plan mountain bike facilities in city park:
The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition (ABC) is pleased to announce a contract opportunity for a Project Manager for the proposed mountain bike trails and pump track in Lionel Hampton Park. The park currently features a playground, fitness stations, and section of paved path. ABC is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating a healthier, more sustainable Atlanta by making it safer, easier, and more attractive to bicycle for fun, fitness, and transportation.
Candidates must have experience submitting projects for permitting to city of Atlanta, including watershed, land disturbance, and the tree ordinance.
A background in sustainable mountain bike trail layout and design is strongly preferred; ability to work with a trail designer if not.
Must take a collaborative approach to working with partners, neighborhood groups, and the city. Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills with a knack for detail, organization, working with groups, leading meetings.
- Building on the existing plan, design network of trails within the city owned park (Lionel Hampton) and Watershed property (Beecher Hills).
- Design and scope a pump track to be constructed in Lionel Hampton
- Submit all relevant permits to city
Qualifications and experience
- Background in sustainable trail design
- Experience with city of Atlanta permitting
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented
- Cyclist preferred
The desired end result of this project is a sustainable urban bike park complete with a pump track, bike skills area, and a stacked loop system of singletrack trails for the beginner and intermediate level rider. The first phase of this project is the design of the trails network and a pump track.
The vision is to build a mountain bike park that will serve two primary roles: a) to attract Atlanta residents and visitors seeking moderate mountain biking trails inside city limits and b) to provide healthy recreational opportunities for residents of the surrounding neighborhoods, especially youth.
- Design and build a sustainable trail network that will serve as a destination facility for the surrounding community to enjoy outdoor recreation.
- Establish connectivity to the already existing multi-use paved path, adjacent neighborhoods, future singletrack trails, and other points of interest.
- Integrate natural features wherever possible and blend construction areas with the natural landscape.
- Include skills features so individuals with a wide range of skill levels can enjoy the trails
- Scope and design a pump track
- Sustainable design plan that includes drainage
- Method for calculating flow and grade of the track and trail
- Long-term maintenance plan, which includes maintenance that can be performed by volunteers
Timeline/deadlines: Design should be complete within 3 months; permitting within 5 months (with exception of watershed property)
Project budget: Submit hourly rate and estimated hours required to complete tasks. As this work is for a small nonprofit, consideration on hourly rate is appreciated.
Evaluation Criteria: Proposals will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications, experience, and price.
Applicants: Include two references, a list of similar projects and role on each, and staff bios if applicable.
Deadline for submission: November 30
Submit materials to: email@example.com