ABC seeks experienced Project Manager
We are currently seeking a Mountain Bike Park Project Manager (contract position) to plan mountain bike facilities in city park:
The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition (ABC) is pleased to announce a contract opportunity for a Project Manager for the proposed mountain bike trails and pump track in Lionel Hampton Park. The park currently features a playground, fitness stations, and section of paved path. ABC is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating a healthier, more sustainable Atlanta by making it safer, easier, and more attractive to bicycle for fun, fitness, and transportation.
- Building on the existing plan, design network of trails within the city owned park (Lionel Hampton) and Watershed property (Beecher Hills).
- Design and scope a pump track to be constructed in Lionel Hampton
- Submit all relevant permits to city
Qualifications and experience
- Background in sustainable trail design
- Experience with city of Atlanta permitting
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented
- Cyclist preferred
The desired end result of this project is a sustainable urban bike park complete with a pump track, bike skills area, and a stacked loop system of singletrack trails for the beginner and intermediate level rider. The first phase of this project is the design of the trails network and a pump track.
The vision is to build a mountain bike park that will serve two primary roles: a) to attract Atlanta residents and visitors seeking moderate mountain biking trails inside city limits and b) to provide healthy recreational opportunities for residents of the surrounding neighborhoods, especially youth.
- Design and build a sustainable trail network that will serve as a destination facility for the surrounding community to enjoy outdoor recreation.
- Establish connectivity to the already existing multi-use paved path, adjacent neighborhoods, future singletrack trails, and other points of interest.
- Integrate natural features wherever possible and blend construction areas with the natural landscape.
- Include skills features so individuals with a wide range of skill levels can enjoy the trails
- Scope and design a pump track
- Sustainable design plan that includes drainage
- Method for calculating flow and grade of the track and trail
- Long-term maintenance plan, which includes maintenance that can be performed by volunteers
Timeline/deadlines: Design should be complete within 3 months; permitting within 5 months (with exception of watershed property)
Project budget: Submit hourly rate and estimated hours required to complete tasks. As this work is for a small nonprofit, consideration on hourly rate is appreciated.
Evaluation Criteria: Proposals will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications, experience, and price.
Applicants: Include two references, a list of similar projects and role on each, and staff bios if applicable.
Deadline for submission: November 30
Submit materials to: email@example.com