- Get involved
- Atlanta Streets Alive
- Bike Friendly Neighborhoods
- Connecting the City
- Bike lanes for bikes
- Our reports and studies
- Streetcar track safety
- Buy stuff
Mobile Social taking it to the roof
The Mobile Social has delivered "Happy Friday" cheers to thousands in Atlanta who prowl the early weekend streets, but those having the best view of our monthly parade wave down from rooftop bars and restaurants.
It always looks like a lot of fun, so we thought we'd try it out.
Friday, November 11, we ride to the rooftop deck of the Republic Social House on Memorial Avenue across from Oakland Cemetery. We meet -- as always -- at the bicycle end of Woodruff Park in downtown Atlanta between the Five Points and Peachtree Center MARTA stations. We gather at 6PM and start rolling at 6:30.
Along the way, we'll roll through
- Centennial Park,
- Castleberry Hill,
- some southerly bike lanes,
- maybe "run the bases" at Turner Field,
- explore Daniel Stanton Park,
- pass by the APD Mounted Patrol stables,
- Sneak up on Grant Park and then plunge through the middle of it before taking
- one of the most pleasant interstate crossings in Atlanta to get to our Rooftop Viewing Stand.
Here's the route: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/808788.
Bring your lights, your lock, and some funds for food and drink. We want you to have lots of energy for greeting passerby on the street with more "Happy Friday" cheers.