- Get involved
- Buy stuff
Confident City Cycling Workshop: Free to neighborhood residents
In celebration of National Bike Month, ABC is offering a series of classes in neighborhoods, free to neighborhood residents! The first class is scheduled for Saturday, May 19, from 10am-3pm at The Frazer Center for residents of Lake Claire, Candler Park, Kirkwood, and Edgewood.
Many of us would love to bike for fun, fitness, or to get places, but aren't sure how to do so safely. This concise and comprehensive class covers everything you need to know about biking safely and confidently around metro Atlanta. It includes bike handling skill drills and an instructor-led ride with feedback to reinforce what you learn in class.
Whether you are new to urban cycling and want to gain confidence riding in the street, a trail rider who would like to bike around the neighborhood with your kids, a bike commuter looking for tips on crash avoidance, or a bike enthusiastic interested in leading your own rides, this class has something for everyone.
Click here to register: http://lakeclairebikeclass.eventbrite.com
Expect to learn something new, have your good habits reinforced and those bad habits corrected. Even seasoned bicyclists will have their eyes opened on the less intuitive aspects of Atlanta biking. You will emerge a safer, more confident cyclist.
Price: Free to residents of our host, Lake Claire, and the surrounding neighborhoods of Candler Park, Kirkwood, and Edgewood!
In addition, any cyclist in need (including college students) will receive a free bike helmet, light set, and neon safety vest.
Sign up today as space is limited to 20 participants. This class will be held at the Frazer Center, accessible from Ponce de Leon and Ridgewood Road.
- Open to adults and children 14 and older with an adult present.
- This class is for adults and teens who already know how to ride a bike but want to learn how to do so more safely. If you do not currently know how to ride a bike, please checkout our "True Beginners" class
- You must bring a bike in working condition and a helmet if you have one
- Also bring water bottle; wear comfortable clothes and closed-toe shoes; pack a lunch or snack
- Finally, bring an urge to conquer Atlanta by bike.