- Get involved
ABC 2011 Advocacy Goals
* Connecting the City with bikeways on three main crosstown corridors: Peachtree Street, DeKalb Avenue, and Lee St.
* Bring a bike share program to the cities of Atlanta and Decatur
* Ensure that the $2.5 million allocated for bike projects from 2013-2014 results in good projects with strong community support.
* Sign up 50 ABC members to get involved with their neighborhoods and/or neighborhood planning units as "bicycle liaisons" to make reinforce biking as a city-wide priority, starting where each of us live.
* Represent the full diversity of bicycle riders and create a more cohesive bike community
* Make the Atlanta Streetcar project safe for bicyclists
* Increase bicycling in the city of Atlanta to 5% of all trips by 2016 and 10% by 2020
* Demonstrate to bicyclists and drivers alike that following traffic laws -- especially stopping on red -- and respecting each other (and pedestrians) is the best way to make our roads work for everyone.
* Work through the Livable Centers Initiative to get more high quality bike projects throughout the region
* Encourage the Georgia Department of Transportation to apply its new, progressive Complete Streets policy on local projects
* Continue to partner with Georgia Bikes for ongoing policy and funding increases for biking in the state of Georgia