The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition is hiring!
Position: Education Coordinator
You: friendly, organized, energetic. A leader with a burning desire to help everyone ride a bike, who knows how to put people at ease.
Us: a small nonprofit working for big change.
Together, we can make biking in Atlanta safer and more accessible for everyone!
The Education Coordinator will support the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition’s work for a city where biking is a safe and convenient form of everyday transportation, by helping people who are already biking do so safely, and encouraging those who aren’t yet biking to give it a try. We’re looking for someone who is personable, organized, a good verbal communicator, and passionate about our mission.
Responsibilities include: providing safety education at bike valets, facilitating safety classes for those new to biking and bike share, and coordinating outreach for the Westside Bike Champions program (connecting residents on Atlanta’s Westside with bike share).
This is a one-year, part-time (25-30 hours a week) contract position with a pay range of $18-20/hour.
Evening and weekend availability is required. There is potential for growth into a full-time staff position.
- Assist with development of education materials, curriculum for bike safety classes
- Provide on-site support for LCI (League Cycling Instructor) bike class instructors
- Instruct bike safety classes (after completing League Cycling Instructor seminar) for beginners, commuters, and those new to bike share
- Provide on-site bike safety information at ABC bike valets (a service we provide to park and secure bikes at at festivals and concerts)
- Support Westside Bike Champions program by serving as Team Lead and meeting organizer
- Ensure effective communication within the Bike Champions team
Experience & Training
Prefer 2 years experience in a role involved public outreach or education
Skills & Qualifications
- Collaborative style, relationship-building is a strength
- Highly personable, able to work well with a wide variety of people
- Extremely organized, comfortable working in a database / eager to learn
- Internally motivated and able to function smoothly in a collaborative, small team environment
- Confident and clear verbal and written communications skills
- Experience managing staff teams (or volunteers)
- Commitment to equitable access to sustainable transportation
- Comfortable working within the constraints (and opportunities) of a small nonprofit seeking big change
Submit a cover letter, the names of two references, and a resume or C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Education Coordinator” by July 10.
- We will contact candidates who will be interviewed.
- Rolling interviews with selected candidates
Founded in 1991, the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition is Atlanta’s voice for better biking. We envision a city where bicycling is a safe and convenient form of everyday transportation, where people of all ages and communities have access to a connected network of safe bikeways. We see bicycling as a tool for community building, personal and public health, and transportation equity, and seek to promote bicycling for transportation in particular. Our programs include Atlanta Streets Alive, an open streets initiative, safety and Earn a Bike workshops, and advocacy campaigns for protected bikeways, safer streets, an equitable bike share system, and policies that support bicycling.