Volunteer for BeltLine Bike Tour - 2012
Now in its 5th year, the BeltLine Bike Tour continues to chronicle the progress of the most ambitious urban renewal project in the country.
Our volunteers will be taking our guests on a trip to the future -- a future where it's easy to get from home to work and then shop on the way home for a picnic in the park -- human-powered the whole way and the whole day.
List of Roles for Day of Event
- Ride Escort/Tour Guide - Ride with the participants along one of five different routes (descriptions coming soon). Call out the turns to keep everyone on track, demonstrate group riding skills such as calling out hazards and signalling, make sure no one gets dropped, negotiate with traffic to get everyone safely through intersections. Optionally, you can help present information at our interpretive stops along the way. We have several typed-up stories to share with participants at designated "interpretive stops" along the tour. We'll have training rides each weekend starting in April so we can learn the route, the turns, and the stops.
- Rest Stop - Setup/Man/Breakdown one of four rest stops along the tour. Some stops will have informational stories to share.
- Support and Gear (SAG) Driver - Roam the course or be dispatched to cyclists having trouble along the course.
- Registration - Sign in cyclists on the day of the event.
- Parking - make sure those arriving by car are able to find a place to park.
- Break Down Crew - At the end of the event, get everything cleaned up, packed up, and stored before we all head over to the Volunteer Appreciation after-party.
- Swan Crew - Allow the event to proceed with dignity and grace above the surface while paddling furiously beneath the surface to fight fires, chase down critical but forgotten items, and generally handle unforeseen emergencies.
Each of these roles listed above would be on Saturday May 5, but we can also use help prior to ride date:
List of Roles prior to Event Start
- Distributing leaflets and posters - Roam the neighborhood businesses door-to-door to get the word onto the street.
Get yourself on the list and we'll contact you about a job that best fits your interests and time availability.
How to Sign Up
- For all positions, we'll need your email address. Click the "Register to Volunteer Now" button below.
- For Ride Leaders (Bike Angels), choose the training rides you can attend here (Doodle Calendar - opens in a new window)
- Other positions will have specific sign in soon.
If you have a particular role in mind or questions about any role, you can also directly email the contact below.
213 Haygood Avenue SE