So, you've been commuting by bicycle and have a good route going. ABC volunteers organize quarterly bike trains commuters can hop on to make their morning trips more social, and to encourage co-workers and neighbors to join in! Here's how to share your commute with others.
What’s required of a bike train host, you ask?
1) Provide a welcoming environment for any cyclists that join you
2) Set a good example by following all laws and bicycling safely.
3) Promote your bike train and invite others to ride along - at your workplace and among friends and neighbors.
How to add your route as a bike train:
Email us (jett AT atlantabike dot org) either a link to your route or a description of the turns you make. If you can, please enter your route in an online tool, such as Ride with GPS (preferred), Bikely.com, Map My Ride, gmap-pedometer.com, or Google Maps. Or you may write a description of the turns on your route and we can take care of the rest.
Include these details in your email:
- Leader name and contact info (email address and/or phone number) so riders can get in touch with you about joining your train. For privacy reasons, you may choose to use a nearby intersection for riders to meet instead of your home address.
- Departure time and estimated arrival time
- Stops along the route (if any) to pick up other riders, and estimated times for stop
- Any other details you'd like to explain
Within a day or two, we'll reply with a link to your route and details - please review and confirm. Once the route is confirmed, it will show up on this map.