The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition, a bicycle advocacy nonprofit, is hiring an Business Outreach Coordinator.
Are you a goal-oriented go-getter who believes in the power of bicycling to make Atlanta more economically competitive, attractive, and equitable? If you combine these attributes with an understanding of how to market to businesses large and small and your superpower is being extremely well-organized, we want you to be our Business Outreach Coordinator!
The Business Outreach Coordinator will support the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition’s work for a city where biking is a safe and convenient form of everyday transportation, through engagement with the Atlanta business community.
The person in this position will help build business relationships that result in support for a network of safe, convenient, and connected bicycle infrastructure. We’re looking for candidates who are goal-oriented, have an outgoing and personable yet professional demeanor, understand how to communicate with small businesses and large employers, and are passionate about our mission.
This is a full-time position with a pay range of $35,000-37,000 and benefits including health and dental insurance and an employer-matched retirement savings plan. Flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
Founded in 1991, the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition is Atlanta’s voice for better biking. We envision a city where bicycling is a safe and convenient form of everyday transportation, where people of all ages and communities have access to a connected network of safe bikeways. We see bicycling as a tool for community building, personal and public health, and transportation equity, and seek to promote bicycling for transportation in particular. Our programs include Atlanta Streets Alive, an open streets initiative, safety and Earn a Bike workshops, and advocacy campaigns for protected bikeways, safer streets, an equitable bike share system, and policies that support bicycling.
Application process timeline (subject to change)
- Job posted January 22, and applications will be accepted through February 22
- Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted and scheduled for phone interviews on a rolling basis
- Phone interviews expected to take place starting February 22
- In-person interviews expected to take place starting February 29
- Anticipated start date in March
Apply by submitting a cover letter explaining why you're the best candidate for the job and resume/C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Outreach Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered complete.
- Implement business outreach plan supporting advocacy campaigns and Atlanta Streets Alive developed with Executive Director and Campaigns Manager
- Coordinate ABC business membership program
- Develop and implement Bicycle Friendly Business Districts program / pilot with Business Advisory Team
- Coordinate bike rack program
- Coordinate Bikes Mean Business data collection
- Represent ABC at events with business development component
Skills, Qualifications, Characteristics
- Strong interpersonal skills, outgoing, goal-oriented, organized
- Understands how to communicate with small businesses and large employers
- Confident and clear written and verbal communications skills
- Commitment to equitable access to sustainable transportation
- Comfortable working within the constraints (and opportunities) of a small nonprofit seeking big change
Experience & Training
- 2 years experience in a similar role and/or organization
- Comfortable using cloud-based office technology and able to quickly learn new tools. ABC currently uses Redbooth for task management, Google Drive for document control, and Nationbuilder for our CRM/database and website.
Submit a letter stating explaining why you are the right candidate for this role, along with a resume or C.V. to email@example.com subject line “Business Outreach Coordinator." Applications without a cover letter will not be considered complete.