- Get involved
- Buy stuff
May is National Bike Month
May is National Bike Month, a celebration of the simple freedom of riding a bike. It’s the perfect time to join in, whether you’re just getting started, or have been biking for years and want to connect with others in bike communities around Atlanta.
The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition and friends want to make it possible for you to ride, whatever/whenever/wherever you choose. Riding a bike can bring you joy, health, financial savings, and a stronger sense of community.
Check out the #bikemonth events below to find ways to connect and share the benefits with others. [Contact us to add your free and open to the public event.]
- National Bike Challenge Nationwide virtual event uniting thousands of current bicyclists — and encouraging countless new riders. Join in at nationalbikechallenge.org! Everyone who logs at least 10 trips during Bike Month will be entered to win a brand new bike donated by Bicycle South! Other prizes throughout the month include a Po Campo pannier donated by The Spindle, a TiGr®lock, and a BizBag.
- May 1 Bike Month Kickoff Breakfast at Sweet Auburn Curb Market, with Central Atlanta Progress and the Bike Commuters of Atlanta
- May 7 National Bike to School Day. Participating local schools include Coan Middle & Drew Charter School.
- May 9 Cyclofemme Ride 3 pm starts at ABC office, ends at Church for DJ Vicki's Sunday Social. Details coming soon.
- May 13 Two Wheel Tuesday a social drop-in at the Elliot Street Pub from 5:30 to 9pm
- May 16 National Bike to Work Day. With bike trains including Atlanta Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff, energizer stations, and participating Atlanta leaders including Atlanta City Councilmember Andre Dickens #biketowork (FB event details)
- May 17 New Belgium Paint & Pedal Fest
- May 21 First Bikes Mean Business networking event
- May 18 Atlanta Streets Alive, an initiative of the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition opening the streets for people
- May 22 Chipotle Cause an Effect fundraiser for the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition
- May 24 Ride with Mayor Reed #bikemayor to the #atlantajazzfestival
- May 31 Heels on Wheels ride from Houndstooth Road in Decatur