The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition is hiring!
Position: Bike Valet Supervisor
The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition provides bicycle valet parking at events and festivals to promote active transportation, sustainable living, and safe cycling. We’re looking for someone who is reliable, friendly, ambitious, and committed to providing great customer service to fill the position of Bike Valet Supervisor.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
- Serve as staff to be present at each bike valet event
- Plan logistics for each bike valet (transportation, set-up, break-down)
- Manage volunteer support for bike valets
- Manage supplies and materials relevant to our bike valet program
- Work closely with the bike valet manager to provide successful program
Preferred Experience/Training (in descending order of importance)
- Background in project/event management, retail, or business
- Customer service
- Volunteer management experience/supervisorial role
- Minor bicycle maintenance skills
- Strong written/verbal communication and leadership skills
- Fiscal management and responsibility
- Customer service
- Upbeat, can-do attitude with professional and friendly demeanor
- Resourceful, works well independently and with volunteers
- Ability to lift over 20 pounds and stand for long periods of time
- Access to reliable transportation for valet rack transport
- Motivated to achieve the mission of the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition, and passionate about the benefits of bicycling and the need to improve conditions in Atlanta
- Must be a bike rider—what kind of cycling doesn’t matter, but a genuine enthusiasm for bicycling is necessary for this position!
- Must be able to work weekends (as this is when most events take place)
- $14 - $16/hour
- Potential for flexible or compressed work hours
Email resume, cover letter, and contact info for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Bike Valet Supervisor."
- We will contact candidates who will be interviewed.
- Rolling interviews *Extended until position filled
- Hiring & training will take place early August.
- The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer
Founded in 1991, the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition is Atlanta’s voice for better biking. We envision a city where bicycling is a safe and convenient form of everyday transportation, where people of all ages and communities have access to a connected network of safe bikeways. We see bicycling as a tool for community building, personal and public health, and transportation equity, and seek to promote bicycling for transportation in particular. Our programs include Atlanta Streets Alive, an open streets initiative, safety and Earn a Bike workshops, and advocacy campaigns for protected bikeways, safer streets, an equitable bike share system, and policies that support bicycling.