Bike There! Bicycle Rack Project
The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition, in collaboration with Sopo Bicycle Co-op (www.sopobikes.org) offers affordable bike racks (installation included) to help make your destination more bicycle friendly.
The “Bike There” project is a campaign designed to get more people biking to more places around Atlanta. Bicycle travel is inexpensive, healthy and efficient and offering secure bicycle parking at your destination is smart business.
The Value of Bicycle Parking
Providing high-quality, secure bicycle parking at your location provides a number of benefits:
* Bicycle parking efficiently and inexpensively increases the overall parking capacity of a building. Liability is the same as auto parking.
* Locations with good bicycle parking have a competitive advantage for bicyclists' business.
* Bike racks send a message that your business supports a "green" transportation option.
* Well-designed and located bicycle parking creates more attractive building grounds. Without quality parking bicycles are often secured to benches, trees or signposts and may interfere with pedestrian safety.
* Please see additional benefits section below for added business benefits for all "Bike There" locations.
Bicyclists sure get creative when a bike rack isn't available.
Note: Photo represents rack style we install at this time. Each rack is sold separately.
The dimensions are: 30” w x 32” h x 6" depth.
2011 Services and Rates
All rack installations include an individual consultation with site managers or business owners to review placement and safety considerations.
- $125 - Discounted bike rack & installation
For businesses that offer an ongoing discount to ABC members (i.e. 10% off purchase, free coffee, etc.) OR are members of the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition at the Patron level or higher.
- $175 - Basic bike rack & installation
How many racks do I need?
The current standard [Atlanta Zoning Ordinance Section 16-28.014(6)] used in the City of Atlanta is one bicycle parking space for every 20 car spaces provided in new buildings. For other buildings provide:
* Two or more spaces near each entrance (buildings with high traffic
levels should provide additional spaces).
* One or more parking spaces for every 50 employees.
* One space for every residence unit.
- “Bike There” destinations with racks will be identified on an interactive Google map with your business address.
- “Bike There” destinations will have a direct link to your company site on a dedicated page of the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition website.
- "Bike There” destinations will be eligible to be profiled in Atlanta Bicycle Coalition’s monthly e-newsletter that reaches nearly 6,000 subscribers.
- Atlanta Bicycle Coalition will create a list on our Twitter feed for “Bike There” destinations (your destination must have its own Twitter account to be included).
- ABC and Sopo will donate a portion of the proceeds from this program towards bike racks for schools.
Questions? More information? Ready to sign up? Please contact: Ali Mangkang, Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org OR 404-881-1112.