- Get involved
- Buy stuff
Bike There! Bicycle Rack Project
The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition, in collaboration with Sopo Bicycle Co-op (www.sopobikes.org) offers affordable bike racks (installation included) to help make your destination more bicycle friendly. See below for prices and details.
Notes: Photo represents rack style we install at this time. Each rack is sold separately.
The dimensions for the single are: 30” w x 32” h x 6" depth. Dimensions for the bike corral are 5ft l x 30" w x 32" h x 6" depth.
Services and Rates
All rack installations include an individual consultation with site managers or business owners to review placement and safety considerations.
Single bike rack (parks two bikes at a time): locally-sourced bike rack including installation:
- $95- just the rack.
- $125 - with installation. Discounted price for businesses that offer an ongoing discount to ABC members (i.e. 10% off purchase, free coffee, etc.) and/or are members of the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition at the Patron level or higher
- $175 - with installation
Bike corral (parks 6 bikes at a time): 3 locally-sourced racks welded to base rail:
- $400 without installation
- $425 with installation. Discounted price for businesses that offer an ongoing discount to ABC members (i.e. 10% off purchase, free coffee, etc.) and/or are members of the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition at the Patron level or higher
- $450 with installation
How many racks do I need?
The current standard [Atlanta Zoning Ordinance Section 16-28.014(6)] used in the City of Atlanta is one bicycle parking space for every 20 car spaces provided in new buildings.
For other buildings provide:
- Two or more spaces near each entrance (buildings with high traffic should provide additional spaces)
- At least one parking space for every 50 employees
- One space for every residential unit
Questions? More information? Ready to sign up?
Please contact: Leslie Caceda, Program Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 881-1112
We donate a portion of the proceeds from this program towards bike racks for schools and community centers.
Business case for bike parking
Offering secure bicycle parking at your destination is good for business - people who arrive at your location by bicycle tend to live nearby and be loyal customers when provided with secure, convenient bike parking. There are many other benefits, too. Bicycle parking efficiently and inexpensively increases the overall parking capacity of a building, while adding no more liability than car parking. Bike racks send a message that your business supports a "green" transportation option. What's more, well-designed and located bicycle parking creates more attractive building grounds. Without quality parking bicycles are often secured to benches, trees or signposts and may interfere with pedestrian safety.
Bicyclists sure get creative when a bike rack isn't available.