- Get involved
2010 BeltLine Bike Tour: Sun April 25 (online registration closed - registration onsite Sun at noon)
The BeltLine Bike Tour follows completed and proposed sections of the BeltLine, primarily on adjacent neighborhood streets, and offers three route options catering to all abilities. Riders will gather at the start location at the Grady High School parking lot on 8th St. near Piedmont Park beginning at noon and leave at 1 pm. All route options loop back to the start. Links to routes (from 3 to 28 miles) are below.
Weather update: if chance of thunderstorms is greater than 50% the ride will be postponed to the following Sunday, May 2. If you are not able to participate on May 2, you are invited to participate in a future ABC ride or class compliments of ABC. Check the website for updates.
Please read more for routes and details - hope to see you there!
A special thanks to the following sponsors:
Route Options: (routes links to maps)
- The Short & Sweet: a three-mile road ride perfect for families or anyone who enjoys a leisurely pace.
- Off-Road, On-BeltLine: a six-mile off-road spur south to Inman Park on the physical BeltLine corridor (mountain or hybrid bikes recommended. Riders may chose to connect with the Half BeltLine, bringing the mileage to 14.6)
- The Half BeltLine: a 12-mile road ride great for riding with friends that offers exposure to Atlanta and BeltLine history.
- The Full BeltLine: a 28-mile road ride providing a real workout and a chance to see and experience the most of the BeltLine.
Each route is punctuated with educational stops where participants will learn about BeltLine developments and local history, and the project’s potential impact on the city. The tour is supported with healthy snacks provided at the start and water refills along the way. All routes are led by skilled cyclists and each route will have one SAG vehicle to pick up riders if needed.
Additionally, members of the Atlanta Police Department’s motorcycle unit will provide a rolling road closure for the ride start, the Short & Sweet, and the Half BeltLine options.
This ride is a fundraiser to support the programs and activities of the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition.
- $20 per Adult
- Two kids 12 and under may ride free with each paying adult.
- ABC members receive 50% off the registration fee.
Helmets are required for all riders.
Ride leaders will follow the rules of the road and riders are expected to do the same. Registrants for this ride agree to the conditions of the waiver (view here) and are covered through ABC's ride insurance (read FAQ here).
Need a bike?
Try Starter Bikes, an ABC program offering refurbished used bikes for sale or rental. Contact Starter Bikes coordinator Jenna to determine availability. For a cruiser bike rental (not recommended for the Full BeltLine route) near the ride start location, check out Skate Escape.