- Get involved
- Buy stuff
National Bike to Work Day: May 16, 2014 #BTWD
May 16 is National Bike to Work Day - the perfect time to try biking to work, school, or wherever life takes you. Bike commuting will save you money, get you some free exercise, and bring new adventures as you explore your community and city. #BTWD
1. Sign up for the National Bike Challenge, a virtual event uniting thousands of current bicyclists — and encouraging countless new riders. Join in at nationalbikechallenge.org. Everyone who logs at least five trips during Bike Month will be entered to win a brand new bike donated by Bicycle South! Other prizes throughout the month include a Po Campo pannier donated by The Spindle, a TiGr®lock, and a BizBag.
2. Find a "Bike Train" to make biking to work fun, safe, and social! Bike Commuters are invited to either join an existing train or add your own route to the map. To join an existing train, contact the Leader shown when you click on one of the routes. To add your own train, send contact info and departure/arrival times along with either a GPX track or turn-by-turn directions to jett AT atlantabike.org. Riders are encouraged to plan their route to meet your fellow commuters at one of our Energizer Stations. You can even ride with Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff if you're going his way.
3. Stop by an "Energizer Station" (aka pit stop) May 16 on your way to work:
- Central Atlanta Progress at Woodruff Park. Hours: 7.30-9am. Refreshments plus bicycle mechanic doing quick tune-ups on site.
- Decatur Recreation Center front lawn, 231 Sycamore Street, 30030. Hours: 7 – 10 am. Java Monkey coffee, Arden's Garden Juice, breakfast pastries, snack bars, bike maps, "I biked to work" stickers, "I Bike Decatur" t-shirts.
- Midtown Alliance at 14th and Peachtree in front of Colony Square. Hours: 7-9:30 am. Coffee and bagels/donuts, minor bike tune ups and a raffle. Double entry for bikers who bring a new biker!
- Emory at roundabout on Asbury Circle (Location Map). Hours: 7:30 to 9am. Coffee, juice, bagels, and fruit; giveaways; free bicycle adjustments and advice from Bicycle South
- Atlanta Bicycle Coalition at Edgewood bridge from 7:30-9 am. Fallen Arrows t-shirts, memberships, and high fives.
Plus, prizes. Fallen Arrows is donating 50 t-shirts (design above) for bike to work day. Thanks guys! Just ride by an Energizer Station, and if you're registered for the National Bike Challenge and we have your size left, you get a shirt! Make sure to get your picture taken by one of our photographers as you're trying it on and sure to share your pics and experiences via social media using the hashtags #BTWD #Atlanta #fallenarrows.