- Get involved
- Buy stuff
2013 has been a banner year for Atlanta bicycling. Key accomplishments include:
- Helped secure $2.5 million in city funding for high priority bike projects
- Gave 90 kids brand new bikes and safety training with our Earn a Bike classes
- Provided our popular bike valet service at 27 Atlanta events
- Won the National Bicycle Leadership Award for Outstanding Local Advocacy
- Attracted 159,000 Atlantans to walk, bike and play during three Atlanta Streets Alive events
- Distributed bike safety gear and provided education to hundreds of cyclists
- Created a Bike Friendly Neighborhoods program connecting ABC members with their neighbors
- Initiated production of a video (link coming soon) and study (to be released in early 2014) to encourage bike lanes on Peachtree Street
- Launched Connect ATL to campaign for safe and connected bikeways on three key streets
- Released a bike share feasibility study that found a 500 bike program would succeed, leading to the city’s bike share initiative (winning bid to be announced in January 2014)
- Helped oversee Cycle Atlanta Plan: Phase 1.0, with a goal of doubling the miles of safe Atlanta bikeways
And 2014 promises to be even better.
With the momentum we have built, 2014 promises to expand these accomplishments, with plans for not one, not two, not three, but FOUR Atlanta Streets Alive events, an exciting Blinkie Awards night (save the date for this bicycle lovefest Friday, February 14, 2014), the return of the BeltLine Bike Tour, and more.